An intern Estate Agent is employed under services of a registered Estate Agency. An intern Estate Agent is required to serve a period of twelve months being supervised by the principal so as complete the internship.
The following documents must be submitted to EAAB in order to be registered as an Intern Estate Agent:
- A fully completed and signed application form;
- Identity Document (ID) copy;
- Letter of employment from the Agency confirming employment and signed by the Principal;
- Proof of payment of R600.
For an Intern Estate Agent to qualify as a Full Status, the following requirements need to be met:
- Have Passed an Estate Agency Affairs Board examination under the old education curriculum, as this will provide 18 credits towards their NQF Level 4 Qualification;
- Serve a 12 Months internship;
- Write the Professional Designation Examination (PDE);
- Through an RPL Assessment Centre do the NQF Level 4 Qualification;
- Once the internship has been successfully completed, only then can the intern apply for the PDE where they can then be assessed as to whether they can eligible for exemption of the NQF Level 4 qualification;
- Once an Intern Estate agent can prove to the Board that he qualifies for status change for being Full Status, such an estate agent must apply to the Board for status change of his Fidelity Fund Certificate.
Download, Complete the PDF and return to email:firstname.lastname@example.org